Real estate, your most valuable investment
Buying property is one of the most important financial decisions you will ever make. It can be immensely satisfying, however it can also be complicated and stressful. That’s why it’s essential to seek specialist advice.
Regardless of whether you are buying your first home, investment property or a commercial property it’s important to consult a qualified professional for sound legal advice.
At Baker Wilson Davies, we have over 30 years experience in helping people buy and sell property. We understand that every property transaction has different considerations and issues which may adversely affect you. We’ll examine these issues in detail and provide you with clear recommendations and advice in no-nonsense terms you can understand – and act on.
If you’re considering purchasing a property, we can assist you by:
- Reviewing contracts with you and informing you of any issues which may be apparent and need to be addressed
- Verifying contractual details and negotiating terms and conditions with the vendor’s solicitor or the agent
- Recommending any searches and inspections which we believe may be prudent to undertake (such as building inspections, title search and survey report)
- Checking with all the relevant government departments to ensure the property is not going to be affected by any proposed government developments or initiatives
- Checking that the vendor is up to date with all applicable tax and rate payments and that no monies are outstanding
- Coordinating your payment of stamp duty as and when it is due
- Coordinating arrangements for settlement
- Dealing with problems which arise during the course of your transaction
Our aim is to take the stress out of the equation and make your transaction as smooth as possible. After all, buying a property should be one of life’s most exciting and enjoyable experiences.
To find out more, please contact our Property Specialists
Tim Davies LL.B (Hons 1)
Solicitor / Director
Tim specialises in property transactions, conveyancing, leases, small business sale and purchases, wills and estates.
Phillip Keal LL.B
Phil has over 25 years experience as a commercial solicitor in Tasmania. He specialises in property transactions, conveyancing, small business advice, business sales and leases, wills and estates.
Joshua Bowling LL.B
Joshua practices in conveyancing, property transactions, business sales and leases, wills and estates.
Assistant to Rosie Wilson / Probate & Conveyancing Clerk
Assistant to Tim Davies
Assistant to Phillip Keal